Friday, November 25, 2011

Come to Know Your Heavenly Father

I apologize for the long absence since my last post. Today I will catch up with November's Thursday Theology topic.

(From January 2010 Ensign magazine)


Ways We Can Come To Know Our Heavenly Father
1. Feast on the scriptures
Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do. (2 Nephi 32:3)


2. Come to know Jesus Christ
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. (John 14:9)


3. Obey God's commandments and follow His prophets.
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 
(John 14:21)


What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same. (Doctrine & Covenants 1:38)


4. With faith, pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (James 1:5)


And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you. (3 Nephi 18:20)




Take time to gaze into the heavens, where the courses of the stars and planets are evidence of "God moving in his majesty and power" (see Doctrine & Covenants 88:41-47)


Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth (Mosiah 4:9)



No comments:

Post a Comment