Thursday, May 24, 2012

Feeling God's love inside me


I found this quote by Elder Henry B. Eyring today, and I can testify to you that it is true. As I have started my Proverbs 31 study, I have felt a lot happier this week. I know it is because God's spirit has been in my heart more and in my home as well. 

I have been focusing on being a Proverbs 31 woman, and I think that has changed my entire perspective and focus on everything I do with and for my family. I haven't been as grumpy with my husband or with my kids. I haven't been focusing on past offenses and misunderstandings. Instead I have been thinking about what I can do better and how to prioritize tasks so my family and home come first. 

Changes are already happening, but they aren't happening around me. They're happening inside me. And what a miraculous feeling it is! This is God's love and spirit working inside me to make me happier. This is God's spirit working on my heart to make me more penitent and teachable, because I know I've still got lots of big lessons to learn!

I challenge and encourage you to see for yourself if Elder Eyring's quote is not truth. Read your scriptures every day. If you don't know what to read, start with Genesis 1, Matthew 1 or 1 Nephi 1, and just read. And do it every day. Do it with a friend. Do it with your family. Just do it! You will love the way the spirit makes you feel. I guarantee it!!

With love,
Jean

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the P31 study. I always disliked the Proverbs 31 woman. I thought she was too perfect. I am now embracing her and realizing that she is just a women completely submitted to God. That's a woman I can get into. Thanks for linking up this week with Caffeinated Randomness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I always feel so much better when I submit to God and remember He is in charge and not me!

    Thank you for linking up with Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for coming to visit my site!
    Blessings to you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you said here: "Changes are already happening, but they aren't happening around me. They're happening inside me." That's what God does. He changes us!

    Love how you said you are focusing on your family instead of past offenses. That's exactly what we all need to do!

    Although I can't agree with reading the 1 Nephi 1 part of your comment, as I have a different belief than you, I do totally agree with your encouragement to read any of the books of the Bible.

    Prov. 31 is a great chapter, although we can see it as intimidating or encouraging, depending on whether we think we have to do this all on our own, or we'll "let God help" us, lol!

    Thank you so much for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete