Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Proverbs 31 Woman

Here I am, back from the dark. I haven't posted here in FOREVER, for two reasons. One, I've been focusing a lot more on my Gibbee blog, as well as staying busy as a wife and mom. Two, I've been in a dark place lately. Where is that, you may ask? Let's just say depression runs strongly in my family, I am at the same age as my mom when she hit her "breaking point", and I've been paying for lots of doctor visits lately. But now I feel like I am coming back to myself - thank my Maker!

So I had to share some wonderful, wonderful things I found today....


I was searching around online for a website I used to frequent that was about being a Proverbs 31 woman. Instead, I found Women Living Well, a site dedicated to helping women walk with Christ daily in our marriages, in motherhood, and as a daughter of God. This site is exactly what I've been needing. It is well organized, not overstuffed with info, just lots of encouragement about living the gospel in all aspects of our lives.


Courtney, the creater of WLW, also has a sister site called Good Morning Girls. This site's purpose is to help women stay "in the word" daily. It encourages us to read and ponder over our scriptures daily, find personal applications of what we read, and to pray about what we read. Not only that, there are lots of GMG groups you can join. These groups of women connect with you daily, via email, texting, twitter, Facebook, etc., to help you stay on track with your personal study. Isn't that just so awesome?!? And what a cute name for the whole concept.

GMG always has a bible study schedule for the groups read and discuss together. Right now they are just starting a Proverbs 31 study for the summer (love it!) There is also a free ebook available at WLW to read along with the study.
(Click here for the summer reading schedule.)

I am jumping into this ministry of Courtney's with both feet, because as I said, this is what I need. Through these last several months, the one thing that I have been clinging to is the love of my Savior Jesus Christ. I have had the Spirit bear personal witness to me in different ways that I am important to God, and that I have important things to do with my life in His service. I have been praying and pondering over what His will is for me and looking for ways to accomplish those purposes.

I know my most important personal ministry takes place within the walls of my own home. I can see that when I'm in my dark place, and I watch the routines of my home and family start to become disorganized. I see how much I am needed to keep things on track, to keep everyone marching to the beat. Maybe I provide the family heartbeat? Hmm, interesting thought...

Anyway, these websites and their purposes really spoke to something inside me, and I feel they are going to be a great blessing to me.

With love,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment